Do you know lots of self-compassion exercises and want practical tools and guidance to integrate self-compassion into your individual psychotherapy in a safe and evidence-based way?
Then you have come to the right place.
The Neuroscience of Compassion in Clinical Practice
Why take this course?
What you will learn in MODULE ONE
- To apply the neuroscience of compassion in clinical practice
- To improve your therapeutic presence through focused mental training based on the neuroscientific model of compassion
- To increase your compassion for challenging clients
Continuing Education Credits
Dr. Christine Braehler is an accredited provider of continuing education with the German Psychological Association of Bavaria (Psychotherapeutenkammer Bayern). Once you have successfully completed all three modules, you qualify for an official certificate with 8 CE credits from the PTK, which you can submit to your national professional association.
What you will get
Duration: 1hr 55min
approx. 35 minutes of video for streaming
approx. 80 minutes of audio for streaming
8 worksheets and practice diaries for clinicians
How you will learn
- Fun educational animations illustrating the lastest research findings as applied to the consulting room
- Short and focused guided exercises and mediations specifically designed for the clinician based on Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS), mindfulness and self-compassion and practice diaries.
- Graded Quizzes
Check it out!
Here is an extract from Module 1 to help illustrate the neuroscience of compassion.
Meet the Teacher
- Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist since 2007
- Master and two doctoral degrees from the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Honorary Lecturer at the University of Glasgow, UK, since 2010
- Pioneering research into clinical applications of compassion-based therapy in 2008.
- Contributed to the main clinical and non-clinical compassion trainings since 2008
- First-generation teacher, teacher trainer and supervisor of the Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Training Programme
- Lecturing worldwide on Self-Compassion in Clinical Practice since 2010
- Popular speaker, teacher and author featured regularly in German-speaking media
- Multilingual global citizen with a German passport and a firm belief in the transformative power of genuine compassion
What you need
- Being familiar with and having access to common self-compassion exercises from Mindful Self-Compassion, Compassionate Mind Training etc.
- Being able and willing to work with your inner parts
- Computer, Internet, Headphones
- Printer for worksheets and practice diaries
- A quiet place
This course does not contain self-compassion exercises for clients. The course gives you tools and principles for how to adapt the existing self-compassion exercises as found in MSC, CMT etc to your clients' needs, symptoms and competencies.
If you have not yet familiarized yourself with self-compassion exercises, then please check out free meditations or training opportunities or books.